We’re going racing this weekend!
For Round 2, the country’s first homegrown-formula series is heading up to Clark International Speedway on July 20-21. A wider track compared to Round 1 at the Batangas Racing Circuit, expect daring moves from drivers looking to climb up the points!
The first set of races has shown that Formula V1 is doing well as the flagship series in the rebuilding of Philippine motorsports: the grid is full of new talent! And being a “spec” formula where every team runs exactly the same cost-effective and easy to maintain vehicle, driver skill is the most important aspect–and it’s shown in the standings so far:
- Alex Brown AEG-Toyota Balintawak Obengers – 36
- Red Diwa OTR Racing – 14
- Shane Henderson A.Line Autosport – 7
- Bryan Co Giti Racing Team – 5
- Dominic Roque Cleanfuel Racing Team – 2
- Raffy Rabe Phoenix Pulse Racing Team – 2
- Francesco Dino Edgesport Racing Team – 1
- Jerry Choi One Formula Racing Team –
- Masanori Aya West Racing Japan –
- Jon Effinger AP Corse –
Young karting champion Alex Brown leads the pack after his triple of first-place finishes in Round 1–will he be able to hold off the pack at CIS?
- Ryo Yamada Cleanfuel Racing Team – 48
- Estefano Rivera Toyota Otis Obengers – 45
- Raymond Ronquillo Frontrow Racing Team – 27
- Stefan Ramirez Ensport/Fourth Floor Racing – 25
- Jussi Hoikka Growl Thule Racing – 24
- Gaby Dela Merced Glutamax M1 Racing Team – 7
- Paolo Mantolino Partspro Racing –
With the top 4 trading podium places throughout the first round, the rest of the Pro Class will be eager to break up the party at the top! And with three races over the weekend, there are a lot of points up for grabs during Round 2’s action. See you all at CIS this weekend!
Phoenix Pulse together with Tuason Racing presents the Giti-Formula V1 Challenge
Sponsored by: West Race Cars Japan, OMP, AEG Powertools, Phoenix Accelerate, Rota
Media Partners: Philippine Daily Inquirer, Autocar, Wheels PH, James Deakin, C! Mag, AutoIndustriya, ESPN5